Summer is smoothie season! When you’re firing up the BBQ this Memorial Day, why not dust off the ol’ blender, too?
I love Jamba Juice, but their recipes often use a lot of fruit juice, which adds calories without adding much nutrition. It’s pretty easy to make a smoothie at home that rivals Jamba in taste and texture, but beats them in nutrients.
I always keep frozen blueberries, raspberries, and mango chunks ready to go. The mango is key — it adds a dense, creamy richness that makes them more like sorbet.
Here’s the recipe for one that I made earlier this week. Took me all of three minutes.
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Throw everything in the blender and hang on tight while it works through those mango chunks. You may need to stop, give it a little stir, and start it up again.
- Continue until well blended, and then enjoy!
Powered by Sidelines