Raw, Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge Truffles
These delicious treats come with the healthiest ingredients that could be put into them, so have no fear to have a little extra when you crave some FUNdue!
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 1 cup liquid water, unsweetened non-dairy milk, or unsweetened juice
- 1 cup peanut butter no salt or sugar
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- One batch of Chocolate FUNdue
- Chopped peanuts or other nuts
For the Date Paste:
- Soak dates in liquid overnight or for several hours until much of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, purée the dates and liquid until completely smooth.
For the Chocolate FUNdue:
- Place all ingredients except for the milk in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until ingredients are incorporated, scraping down sides if necessary. Slowly add non-dairy milk, a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. You can use/eat this immediately or chill for a firmer texture.
To Assemble the Truffles:
- Chill FUNdue until firm
- Using a small retractable cookie scoop, drop FUNdue into crushed nuts and roll to coat evenly.
- Bananas are also delicious when dipped in FUNdue and rolled in crushed nuts and then frozen.
For a lower fat/calorie version of the Chocolate FUNdue, substitute cannellini beans for some of the nut butter.
About the Author
Chef AJ is a chef and culinary instructor in Los Angeles, and former Executive Vegan Pastry Chef at Sante restaurant, specializing in in plant-indulgent food that is free of sugar, oil, and salt. She teaches how to create meals to transform your health, how to deal with cravings and food addiction, and addresses the emotional side of eating. Chef AJ is the author of Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight and The Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss: A revolutionary approach to conquer cravings, overcome food addiction, and lose weight without going hungry.