Being a busy mom, blogger and social person means that there is seldom time for in-depth recipes and meals however, healthy choices are always a main focus of mine. I enjoy tossing beans and seeds on as many recipes as I can and testing out the flavors. Such is the case with this salad.
My friend stopped by and while the kids played, I made this salad. Even though there was enough for four people, we ate it as our main meal and felt satisfied. Try to use organic and BPA-free canned items if possible, but no matter what, enjoy what mother nature has supplied.
Chickpea, Pumpkin Seed & Feta Salad
This delicious combination of ingredients makes for the perfect salad to have when guests come over.
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Spinach sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups Romaine Lettuce sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 15 oz. can of Chickpeas rinsed and drained*
- 1/2 Carrot grated
- 1/4 cup roasted salted Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- 1/2 Red Pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil & Red Wine Vinegar to taste
- Prepare all ingredients and combine in a bowl.
- Drizzle on olive oil and vinegar, toss well and enjoy.
*If you'd prefer to avoid the can altogether, check out this technique for Preparing Dried Chickpeas.