Being a busy mom, blogger and social person means that there is seldom time for in-depth recipes and meals however, healthy choices are always a main focus of mine. I enjoy tossing beans and seeds on as many recipes as I can and testing out the flavors. Such is the case with this salad.
My friend stopped by and while the kids played, I made this salad. Even though there was enough for four people, we ate it as our main meal and felt satisfied. Try to use organic and BPA-free canned items if possible, but no matter what, enjoy what mother nature has supplied.
- 1½ cups Baby Spinach, sliced into thin strips
- 1½ cups Romaine Lettuce, sliced into thin strips
- ½ 15 oz. can of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained*
- ½ Carrot, grated
- ¼ cup roasted, salted Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- ½ Red Pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil & Red Wine Vinegar to taste
- Prepare all ingredients and combine in a bowl.
- Drizzle on olive oil and vinegar, toss well and enjoy.