Okay, so technically this is a Recipe for Last Weekend, since we cobbled it together while camping in the Inyo National Forest, just south of Mammoth Lakes, CA.
With the somewhat random ingredients we had on hand, we pieced together this delicious combo of Lentils, Tofu, and Whole Wheat Couscous. It was far tastier than it looks.
- 1 package (8 ounces) Baked Marinated Tofu, cubed
- ¼ cup Just Roasted Garlic
- ½ lb. pre-cooked Black Lentils
- ⅓ cup Diced Baby Carrots
- ⅓ cup Whole Wheat Couscous (Dry)
- ⅔ cup Glacial-Melt Water, Filtered
- Sauté the Tofu, the little bit of Tofu marinade from the package, Carrots, the dried Garlic, and about a tablespoon of water for a few minutes. (If you’re cooking this at home, fresh garlic is probably the way to go).
- Toss in the lentils and cook for another minute or two. Add the water and bring to a boil. Add the Couscous and stir. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
Powered by Sidelines