Tiffany McCauley publishes The Gracious Pantry, a clean eating food blog where she has published over 1000 clean-eating recipes. She is the author of several cookbooks: Clean Eating Freezer Meals, Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker, and Skinny Ms. Superfoods. She is also the founder of National Clean Eating Day, which occurs on October 1st each year.
Clean Eating Grissini
- 1 packet (7 grams) Active Dry Yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped, fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Place water and yeast in a bowl and allow enough time for foam to form (about 10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Pour yeast mixture into flour and add olive oil.
- Knead with hands for at least ten minutes.
- Leaving the dough in the mixing bowl, cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise for 1 hour. Near the end of that hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll small amounts of dough into thin sticks (about 1/4 inch thick, no more). Place dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheet(s), and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.