Clean Eating Grissini
Oct 11, 2010, Updated Jun 30, 2017
Grissini are thin bread sticks which are often made with herbs and topped with course salt. This clean version is made with 100% whole wheat, so everyone can feel great about enjoying these!
Clean Eating Grissini (Whole Wheat Breadsticks)
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast, (7 grams)
- 2/3 cup warm water, 105-115 degrees F
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place water and yeast in a bowl and allow enough time for foam to form (about 10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Pour yeast mixture into flour and add olive oil.
- Knead with hands for at least ten minutes.
- Leaving the dough in the mixing bowl, cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise for 1 hour. Near the end of that hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll small amounts of dough into thin sticks (about 1/4 inch thick, no more). Place dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheet(s), and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.